 Events / BrickFest / 1805
Re: Driving to Brickfest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 16:48:08 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Nick Kappatos wrote:
Larry,

I use I-79 to get from I-68 to I-70.  It runs north-south, just west of
Pittsburgh.

To be honest, I've never been to Michigan or Cleveland that way; I take it on
trips to central Indiana, and I have a friend who uses the route to get to
Findlay, OH twice a year.  My significant other took the route last summer to
Massillon, OH and said "it was fine.  Really hilly, but fine."

According to Yahoo Maps, the route is 40 miles longer & "hilly", but I-68 has a
speed limit of 70, and the road is in much better condition than the PA
turnpike.  Just make sure to get gas in Morgantown, WV.

Hope this helps,
-nk

I can second this info.  The PA turnpike is shorter, distance-wise.  But I-68 is
more scenic (read: hilly).  I like the scenery, but the hills play havoc with
cruise control so I'm not sure I was able to gain any time savings with faster
driving.

Having done the DC to Detroit drive probably a dozen times now, we've only used
I-68 twice.  With kids, the consistency and convenience of the turnpike's rest
stops is too much to pass up.

-Greg K