 Events / BrickFest / 18
Re: logo and t-shirt for BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:37:13 GMT

"Christina Hitchcock" <chitchco@gmu.edu> wrote:

WAMALUG would like to extend the invitation to all those AFOL's that are
graphically inclined to submit their ideas/artwork for use in BrickFest 2001.

We are looking for a Logo and Image that will appeal to the broadest spectrum
of LEGO fans that can be used on flyers, web pages, schedules, and most
importantly, the 2001 BrickFest T-shirt!

...Since we added web-pages, schedules, flyers and the like beyond just the
t-shirt, I think maybe the entries can be broadened to include any fest themed
like design.

...While, for example, a BrickWars themed design may not be appropriate for the
fest t-shirt, it might make a nice image for signs or flyers.

...For that matter, maybe we can compile the top X entries across all themes and
get them printed out in colour on nice paper to either have in a booklet people
can look at or just stick them on the wall for people to admire (and maybe vote
on with a prize!)

...Theres another event idea... artwork!!!

...We can devote some wall space and people can stick up their pics or photos or
drawings!!

...I can see now we are going to need several different voting tickets in the
attendance package :-)

Please keep in mind that the designs can not say LEGO on it anywhere.

Requirements:
A draft image is fine for submission, but the final image should to be
designed in a program that allows for the colors to be easily separated. A
vector image program like Corel Draw is recommend. The final image should have
no more then 5 or 6 colors.

The design will be selected by the members of WAMALUG but we would like
for everyone/anyone with an graphic arts interest to Submit their ideas

Initial submissions are due by May 15

Final artwork deadline June 1.

post your submissions on lugnet.events.brickfest

Christina Hitchcock
Event Coordinator
WAMALUG.org

www.brickfest.com