 Events / BrickFest / 1314
Re: LEGO photo exhibit / photography seminars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:58:25 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Todd Lehman writes:

- A hands-on workshop on studio lighting -- bring your own digital camera
and a model to photograph.  Emphasis on internal and external strobe flashes
and how to bounce the light effectively and avoiding "that flash look."

Woo hoo! I would love this one. 1-2 hours would be great.

- A talk on general photographic/camera theory -- aperture/f-stop,
depth-of-field, shutter speeds, backdrops, custom white balance, etc.  I.e.,
what do all those funny words mean and why should I care to learn what they
mean?

This would be terrific too! And again 1-2 hours would be wonderful.

- A talk on color correction, image sharpening, and other digital
manipulation using Photoshop.  (Would require a video-out and a projection
screen.)

I would certainly be there for something like this, but my priority at the
two above.

- A self-running slide show consisting of approximately 100-500 photos
(train shows, MOCs, etc.) from travels with LEGO folks from July 2002 - July
2003.  This could be anywhere from 5 to 50 minutes in length and could be
narrated or silent.  Could be maybe a long version in a small seminar room,
and a 3-5 minute short version for showing after the animation festival?

Very cool.

Does any of this sound interesting to folks?  I'd be happy to share
everything I've learned about photography in the past year.

Absolutely!

What about a LEGO art exhibit?  My printer can make 13"x19" prints, so I was
thinking it would be fun to make a collection of prints, and if it's OK to
hang them on the wall, do that.  I think it would be a really fun way to
show detailed photos of Henry Lim's harpsichord (and stegosaurus!), Matt
Chiles's working LEGO rollercoaster, Steve Barile's LEGO train wall of
coolness, and other things that would never be able to travel to BrickFest.

That would be cool.

Jake

---
Jake McKee