 Events / 364
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:02:08 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd at corsair@schlickbernd.org wrote:

In lugnet.events, Mark Sandlin writes:

By "some" I assume you mean me. It would be rather silly for me to promote a
'fest in SoCal, wouldn't it?

I am merely noting that the Norwesters seem to be the ones vehement about
the location being firmly in the Norwest.  I am merely saying if the powers
that be want to organize a "Brickfest WEST" rather than a strictly
Northwestern one, perhaps they should extend their vision.

What "powers that be"? Who might that be? Seems to me like there are some NW
people and some LA people, and we each want a 'fest to be local.

Crying about your long travel times and ignoring others is a selfish way of
going about it.

I think that could have been worded more politely. I haven't called your
opinion "crying." Let's try to remain civil, shall we?

Obviously, other people's travel times are not a concern for me. Just as my
travel times are not a concern for you.

My argument for a 'fest in the NW is no more selfish than your argument for
one in LA. We all want something local. That's not criminal.

It's starting to look like we'll end up with two West Coast fests.

Because of what I said?  Don't be silly - as I said, the location will most
likely be based on convenience to an organizing group that gets up off its
duff.

No, because there are a whole lot of people in the NW who won't go to a
'fest in LA just because it's too far. And there are a whole lot of people
in LA who wouldn't be likely to show up at a 'fest in the NW because it's
too far for them as well. So two different 'fests makes sense to accomodate
the greatest number of people.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations