 Events / 276
  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

"Bryan Beckwith" <bbbeckwi@mail.SPAMB...Kuccs.edu> wrote in message news:GGH7yF.8Bw@lugnet.com... (...) too! (...) make (...) Denver? Potentially having to deal with DIA[1] would probably scare lots of people away! Mike [1] Denver International (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Roger that. DIA is pressure differentialed (it sucks). I never thought I'd hate a NEW airport as much as Detroit Metro (which needs to be blown up) but I have to agree. Tearing down Stapleton was the height of arrogance too. Double roger on (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Yeah, whatever. I have flown out of all 4 of the major Front Range airports for 16 years now, and DIA is the nicest one yet, now that it is fully operational. The old one was too close to the city, too close to the Colorado Springs airport, (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.co)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) There is no denying that DIA got off to a bad start, which is most likely why people still talk bad about it. Personally, I like DIA. The only problem I've ever had was the tram thing not working once, but it was fixed within about 10 minutes. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.co)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Being close to the city was what made it *good*. (...) Can't comment on that one, not a local. (...) Roads can be fixed easier than building a whole new airport. (...) Which cost how much to build? Has any one run some numbers on how much fuel (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.co)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

<snip - lots of stuff about Denver International Airport> My point is that DIA is now more functional than Stapledon was for a Colorado resident (now just a former resident). It has better access to points beyond Denver. It relieves some stress on (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.co)