 Local / United States / Colorado / 39
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 06:26:05 GMT

In lugnet.events, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.events, Mike Walsh writes:

Denver?  Potentially having to deal with DIA[1] would probably scare lots of
people away!

Roger that. DIA is pressure differentialed (it sucks). I never thought I'd
hate a NEW airport as much as Detroit Metro (which needs to be blown up) but
I have to agree. Tearing down Stapleton was the height of arrogance too.

Yeah, whatever. I have flown out of all 4 of the major Front Range airports
for 16 years now, and DIA is the nicest one yet, now that it is fully
operational. The old one was too close to the city, too close to the
Colorado Springs airport, suffered from road congestion, and if you think
DIA is not near anything, well, it is quite well situated on the new highway
system that was built after it was completed with access to destinations
besides Denver proper, and within a few short years all that empty space
will be filled up with new development and DIA will be close to everything
again because your future clients are building offices out there. You whinger.

Tearing down Stapledon? --Who had figured out what else to do with it?

As for car rentals, YMMV as you said. I paid $25 per day recently. And very
low taxes.

Meanwhile, your Detroit continues to harbor those villains known as
Northwest, who lost my connecting flight in the snow... that's right, they
misplaced an airplane on the tarmac and sent the passengers to go find it....