 Events / 1989
  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) As one of the "fest proliferators" I would like to add my 2 cents... We decided to create Brickworld because there was no centrally located large AFOL event and we believe that there are many midwest, mountain and west coast AFOLs that would (...) (18 years ago, 10-Dec-06, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) I'd like to respectfully disagree with your labeling of Chicago as 'centrally located.' This event is 18 hours away from me here in Houston. Brickfest in Arlington VA is 26 hours away from me. I drove that, didn't like it. Well, ok, so we did (...) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) Actually, I don't think he ever said Chicago was centrally located. He just suggested a gathering there would be more centrally located than a gathering on the east coast, or the west coast. It appears there are about 10 or 12 LEGO clubs (...) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.events)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) Ok, so he didn't actually say Chicago was centrally located. However, he did say, in the quoted text above: "We decided to create Brickworld because there was no centrally located large AFOL event" Which I read as saying Brickworld was (...) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.events)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) Anthony - You are right Chicago is not in the exact center of the country. Let's consider logistics for a moment: 1) St Louis is 4+ hours from the nearest major city and only 3 or 4 major cities within an easy days drive (still 12 hours from (...) (18 years ago, 12-Dec-06, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) Well, he should have. If you look at a map of North America Omaha may be closer to the actual centre of the continent but it does not have Chicago's status as possibly the largest air and rail hub in the central part of North America. It sucks (...) (18 years ago, 12-Dec-06, to lugnet.events)