 Events / 1593
Re: Brickfest dark room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 21:46:11 GMT

In lugnet.events, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.events, Ross Crawford wrote:

Also, total darkness means it's hard to see OTHER details of the MOCs, which
from my experience at BF, are generally more in number, and almost as much
(sometimes more) in WOW! factor.

I thought the dark room idea was that the models would be in darkness SOME of
the time... to see the other details, come back when the lights are on?

But maybe I wasn't quite following the concept.

If we lower the lights by say 20 to 40%, you'll be able to see the MOCs and the
parts that compose them.

Perhaps.

We just need the lights in the MOCs to be visible. Lowering the overhead lights
or having a light source that permits the fidelity of the lights in the MOCs to
come through, without being drown out by the overhead lums.

Seeing the parts that compose the MOCs is the best part, also having just a
slight reduction in the room's luminosity so the lights can be seen is all we
need.

Think of it as a gradual reduction in lighting percent until we feel the MOCs,
the lights, and the safe flow of people can harmonize.

You bring the incense and throw pillows.

;)