 Events / 1589
Re: Brickfest dark room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 21:02:55 GMT

In lugnet.events, Steve DeCraemer wrote:
Ok, fine, lets do this as a open theme room.  I'm thinking we do one side of the
room in blacklight for all those nifty trans neon colors and the other side as
dark as safety will allow for the people who want to do stuff with lighted
brick.  If you know for sure you want in on this please let me know so I can get
some kind of idea of how many (or few) people I'm looking at. •  -snip-
Steve DeCraemer

Hey I had this idea and I wanted to toss it out there:

You know the large meeting room on the 3rd floor of the GMU, the one where we
hold the Key Note and other programs where we all gather.....

Just a thought, but if you used say, the lfet side of the room, and just have
the lights on, on the right side of the room, the light will be dim enough to
provide the kind of lighting we are looking for, yet still have light comming
from the other side of the room.

It is my experience that you only need to have trans neon parts in close
proximity to a black light for the parts to begin to flores.
Same with the lighting on MOCs, we don't need super darkness, just dim light.

The reason I mention this is because, if we used a large room and just lit half
of it, safety concerns could be met and the atmosphere we are looking to create
could be done by simply lighting half a room and having the lighted mocs at the
other end.

ya dig?

BTW, we could just put the MOCs close to the wall on the left side of the room,
then still be able to use the room as a General meeting room too.
The light from the right side of the room, should be enough to provide a nice
balance of light and dark. Like a 60/40 effect. Light being the better half.