 Education / 79
Re: drafting paper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.edu
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:20:15 GMT

In lugnet.build, John Matthews wrote:

hmmm,

I wish I had read further before I replied to Stephen's post a few minutes
earlier.

I think that an isometric grid would not work too well without some
distortion.  Since the stud side is a different measurement that the other
sides (except that opposite the stud) the isometric grid would have to be
distorted to a cube, or it would be too confusing to use.  Of course, that
is just my opinion on the matter.

I'm not remembering the exact, specific definition of 'isometric', but
I've produced some isometric-type graph paper that is quite useful for
LEGO designing.  The grid is made of vertical lines and diagonal lines
which are at about a 20-degree slope.  There are both left- and
right-sloping diagonal lines, of course.  Think of hex-grid paper,
except the triangles are slightly flattened, vertically.

Steve