 Education / 41
RE: Problems with RCX Robolab and PowerMacs 6400/200 and 5500/225
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 03:17:06 GMT

Paul,

I've snipped all of the text about how RoboLab and the Mac might
not play nicely together.

I have had great results with my own system at my office, and then
when I did the tutorial at MIT, things failed miserably. I turned off
the large screen TV in the room, and everything worked great!

At my office, I keep the tower BEHIND the monitor. I am now
thinking that the screen flicker (invisible to us) is VERY visible
to the RCX. Also,  I had a camcorder interfere with my RCX, the autofocus
uses an infrared beam too.

There may be LOTS of IR interfering with your lab, so a quick inexpensive
test (if the green light in the tower is on) is to cover the towen and
bot with a cardboard box.

Please keep us all posted.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng