 Education / 40
Re: Problems with RCX Robolab and PowerMacs 6400/200 and 5500/225
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 23:02:04 GMT

You could try using NQC (or MacNQC) and see if it works any better.  I
know in the long run you want to get Robolab working, but testing MacNQC
would at least separate a Robolab-only problem from more general problems
(serial port problems, cables, etc).

Do you any RCX's with firmware already installed (perhaps from another
computer)?  If so, the easiest NQC test would be to download MacNQC, run
it, and try opening the test panel.  If you get an error here, e-mail me
the error message and I can try to diagnose it further.

To debug things further, you could download MPW Shell (from Apple) and use
the command line version of NQC for MPW, which supports a verbose
debugging mode.  f MacNQC is failing, then NQC for MPW could shed some
light on why it is failing.  Of course if MacNQC works ok, then NQC for
MPW will also.

NQC stuff is available at:

www.enteract.com/~dbaum/nqc/

You can contact me at: dbaum@entarct.com

If we get to the point that NQC (or MacNQC) works, but Robolab still
doesn't, then I can probably work directly with the Robolab authors to
isolate the differences.

Dave Baum

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.9911201027110.13718-100000@dogfish.cs.umn.edu>,