 Education / *150 (-20)
  New Site

I have created a new site as a reference for educators using RoboLab in the classroom. I would love to have some of you visit the site and provide feedback. At present we have only a few examples, but we are working on adding many more. The most (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.loc.us.in) !

  Student Nomination for Lego Media

Howdy, This is a reply to LEGO Media's call for interesting and innovating students of LEGO. I thought to share here as well, as this is the kind of student I would like to see our classrooms produce. There is a group of kids I work with who are all (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club

I think John has some great suggestions. In addition you may want to check if your retailer gives a discount to teachers. My local Zany Brainy takes off 10%. Maggie C. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club

(...) Regarding supplies, irt is easier and cheaper to do purchasing outside the usual school procedures. These limit options and usually result in HIGHER prices. If you have any local merchants - toys or such - that carry Lego, see if you can cut a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: LEGO sighting on TV

(...) Oh my! (...) That's COOL! I wish my teachers when I was a kid had used LEGO bricks as illustation materials! --Todd (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.edu)

  Re: Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club

Garette, would you please post something about how you're doing with this. I just got a go-ahead to do a smaller versions, with 3 Mindstorms and 6 kids.. Looking for any curriculum and materials! Thanks.. (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.edu)

  New Aqua Engineering Class!

Howdy, ....just posted a new class that uses LEGO elements! Check out: (URL) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.edu)

  LEGO Lab Giveaway

Howdy, ...my company is giving away an Edventures LEGO Lab as part of a promotion. Visit ( (URL) ) The Lab was designed for afterschool-enrichment environments and includes LEGO® materials, digital camera, custom designed cabinet, and a (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Shame, Shame...."plastic" rubber tires in new technic

Howdy, Never sat down and figured out the friction coefficient for the different LEGO tires. However, over the years I have hosted numerous "hill-climb", "King of the Hills", "Tug of War" and "Tractor Pull" type contests. Usually, kids will grab the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.edu)

  Re: Shame, Shame...."plastic" rubber tires in new technic

The plastic wheels work well when you cannot use a clutch gear or pulley belt to protect a motor from excessive resistance. Rrubber wheels do not yield well on some driving surfaces when an obstacle stops the vehicle. Plastic wheels spin and, so, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.edu)

  First LEGO Mindstorms book accessible to students of all ages

(URL) has the current links to how you can pre-order (and pre-view if you are an educator) a copy of "Creative Projects with LEGO Mindstorms". It is due out in March. I already know of middle school teachers through college professors that have (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.edu)

  Free HOMESCHOOL Class

Howdy all, PCS Edventures.COM partnered with Homeschool.com to produce an inquiry based project that uses LEGO elements at (URL) come and check it out! I appreciate any and all comments/feedback. The big slant involves the Glenn Commission Report. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Information needed

Howdy, ...setting up school and afterschool LEGO lab environments is my specialty. Take a look at www.weirdrichard.com! Richard rwright@pcsedu.com www.weirdrichard.com (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Information needed

I'm doing my term paper for psychology on the use of LEGO bricks in education. If anyone could supply me with a good list of sites to cover not only how LEGO is used in the classroom but also why it works so well. I have my own general ideas on this (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Using LEGO blocks to teach mathematical concepts

Howdy, ...very nice! I had nto seen that article. Personally, I think that LEGO elements can very easily work in math class settings. For some examples, check out: (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Using LEGO blocks to teach mathematical concepts

Just thought this webpage I found was rather interesting. Scroll down to where LEGO is used.(#5) (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Book thought...

I'd like to go on and on about it, but I haven't heard the official word yet as to what I should/could say and not say. The publisher is Addison Wesley Longman, and I'm really not positive when it will be out (don't know how long it takes for (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu)

  Re: Book thought...

Being lazy, I was hoping that would be the case :-) When will it be out? Who's publishing? Thanks! -Peter "Ben Erwin" <ben@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:G1xADI.33s@lugnet.com... (...) late (...) books, (...) concepts (...) RCX (...) in (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu)

  Re: Book thought...

I have just finished this EXACT book, so I'm sorry, but its a little too late to collaborate. :) And although the audience is broader than the other books, i certainly have not left adults out, as there are plenty of advanced concepts in the book as (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu)

  Book thought...

So, I've been coaching this FLL team for a while now, and also watching my 9 year old daughter's use of Mindstorms and Technic and a book idea has been forming in my head. I'm wondering if anyone else is already working on such a book, in which case (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact