 Disney / 75
Re: Cinderella's Castle at the Downtown Disney LIC 1997
Newsgroups:
lugnet.disney
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 05:33:38 GMT

In lugnet.disney, Nick Goetz writes:
Well, I cannot say this is very timely but...

I just uploaded, to Brickshelf, a few pictures that I took in 1997 for the
Grand-Opening for the LIC in Orlando, FL. I was fortunate enough to be
living in the area at the time and spent more than my fair share of time
helping to build a few of the towers. (What fun!) I had a terrific time and
met a lot of the LEGO designers out of Enfield. You can view the folder here:

Oh that's cool!

My most favorite picture is this one:

This was, and may still be, the President of LEGO America (if I remember
correctly.) The old man sleeping on the bench was modeled to be an exact
replica with a bit of humor. For those of you who had the opportunity to
visit the Orlando store, you may remember the model would snore.

Yep... Paul Chrzan (now no longer at the Enfield shop) told me the story
behind the Peter Eio sculpture. At first, he wasn't too happy they made a
sculpture of him in the funny clothes, cause of his conservative-style
dress. Then he got into it, and their Christmas cards that year was a pic of
his wife with her arm around the sculpture. Those sculptures are among the
shop's favorite, and there's one at LLC as well as probably many other
parks, and the LEGO outlet downtown Chicago too.

Peter Eio is no longer the president of LEGO Americas, he retired? and was
replaced by Andrew Black.

Now, is that Kjeld adjusting the spire in this pic?

It looks like him...

-Tim