 Dear LEGO / 899
  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) Good. That is what I wanted to hear. (...) Oh, great. That means .asp, or javascript, or Shockwave, or worse, Java. You're going to exclude alternative OSes even more than you already do. Ohwell, it's not like it's a big difference anyway, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) Don't assume that they are going to get worse. Maybe they are listening to all of us complaining about how unwieldy their site is, and they just plan to put sensitive pictures behind a firewall, or something. If they are smart, they will (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) At least with Java, when done right, can be multi-OS and multi-browser compatible. Shockwave is the worst "standard" we have. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) Yeah. Right. Color me skeptical. Jasper (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Jasper Janssen wrote: [RE: my hopeful dreamin' that LEGO will redesign their site for better usability and not for better security with obnoxious bells and whistles] (...) Well, to be honest, with the crew of designers they (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) Correction - it _should_ be. It never is in practice. Java, in my experience, sucks solar masses through bucky tubes. Not to mention it's habit of blue-screening Win9x, and crashing Navigator under linux. And lynx doesn't exactly play well (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) God, I certainly hope so. You know, if they'd make for example a lynx-friendly version of your site, they could announce it on slashdot and freshmeat for a hell of a lot of extra traffic. See the recently published study on "the slashdot (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)