 Dear LEGO / 577 (-20)
  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Brad, THANK YOU! Comments below... (...) Suggestion - STOP the "this set only available in country X". That would stop us from having to ship sets all over the world. Make a set available from Lego Direct no matter what country you live in - a TRUE (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Although I am not the first, WELCOME! <rubbing my eyes, and lifting my jaw after reading your post> I am glad to see TLG (or LD) recognize that AFOL give birth to CFOL and future AFOL! If there is anything we can do to help you in your endeavor, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Brad, As an adult LEGO enthusiust, I would like to thank you for making my day. We are truly happy to hear that you are accepting input. Allowing bulk sales of parts (even in an extremely limited manner) would be a tremendous step that would (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Welcome Brad! It is great to have you. My one and only rant is the recent changes in Town. Why so simplified? Why not offer the "Town Jr." sets and real classic Town sets as two seperate collections? Or, how about re-realising old LEGO sets from the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Three words:

Sell individual pieces!!! (All of them)(or most would be good) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Brad: Welcome! I'm sincerely glad that both you, and The Lego Corporation, have joined our dialogue. I hope that you feel welcomed...and know that for all our (my) complaints and occasional spells of angry zeal, we are all united by a fierce (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Wow. Thank you. (...) This is a huge step forward. (...) You have just given a positive response to the single-most asked for "wish" we have from Lego. (...) Listen - hear that? It's the sound of several thousand AFOL's staring at their (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Big Brother, he speaks! whooho! (...) Lots of it :-) And welcome! . (...) Could we please have some space stuff like the trans-color quarter domes? :-) (...) I would really like to see rereleases of older sets. Especialy space and castle. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Welcome to Lugnet Brad! This is very exciting news for any lover of the brick. What you are bound to hear the most from people in Lugnet is the need for bulk orders. I came out of my LEGO darkages because of Mindstorms, but what really got me back (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

There *is* justus after all!!;-) Brad, I can hardly believe what I just read! This is wonderful news! I applaud your foresight and willingness to cooperate with the AFOL community. I think you will not find anywhere a more devoted customer to any (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Welcome! This is a very smart move for TLC for many reasons. I look forward to seeing this develop into an effective feedback/customer service/direct marketing and sales operation (and more!). I think this is a win-win proposal. KL (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Waaahoo!!! Glad to hear from you, Brad, and Happy Holidays to you and yours!! This does indeed mark a GREAT Day! Thanks for letting us know the Plans and Welcome to Lugnet!! John (...) [<snip>] (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Welcome to Lugnet! Everyone here will be very happy to hear this, I'm sure! (...) I, for one, will be glad to have you here. It has been a long time coming, but once everything gets rolling, it will be a grand day in the history of that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Well hello! I didn't think you guys really cared about us AFOLs, but I'll be the first to admit I was wrong and am glad to be. Welcome on board the LUGNET juggernaut and get ready for a wild ride. This is one active community with many different (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) of (...) Let me say Hi, Howdy and Welcome!! We would love to actually have an ear (and voice) from LEGO involved in our rants and raves. Feel free to join in where ever you like. See you soon, Aaron>maniac@vol.com (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Brad, Well, this is interesting, but I have a hard time believing this. Maybe I am too skeptical. I think the majority of AFOL's here are frustrated with TLC's lack of attention to us and our needs / wants / desires. I was rather flabbergasted the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Well let me be first to give you a warm welcome. Good to know you are listening. I am sure we will be listening to you. Now I just have a few things on my list.......Oh, well, perhaps I will wait until everyone has said Hi first. regards (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Introducing LEGO Direct

To LEGO enthusiasts everywhere: We hope that we are the bearer of some holiday cheer for you all. For those of you who have felt that your love for LEGO was unrequited, this is a new day. With this missive, the LEGO Company asks to open a dialogue (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  Proof of TLG's Concern for AFOL?

Dear ?: Does anyone have any proof at all that TLG does anything more in depth as regards AFOL than merely read Lugnet or RTL? I mean, I could see them doing that much to get good ideas for future sets if nothing else, sort of a real world R&D lab (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

Hi Aron, I know I answer again and it is very late meanwhile but the new 2000 sets HAVE trans-purple! (URL) I don't think it will glow in the dark. It is hard to make out but I think 5826 has two new transpurple coloured bricks in there. Well, this (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact