 Dear LEGO / 5554
    Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time. —Jason J Railton
   (...) I quite agree. Magnus has a point about what will sell, so I think the aim should be to make a few changes. I don't think the demand is for a perfect 50:50 split between minifigs across the range, but to start with a few changes. For example, (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time. —David Eaton
   (...) Bam. When you've got the new "MONSTER EXPLOSION ASSAULT HERO TESTOSTERONE SQUAD!(tm)" theme, it's simply going to be male dominated. It's going to have characters, rather than generic poeople-- just like we've seen in Adventurers, Exo-Force, (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time. —Jason J Railton
   (...) Funny thing with Exo-Force is it's based around the style of Japanese kids' Anime and Manga that comes with associated collectible toys/cards etc. And most of these nowadays have a pretty good mix of strong male/female roles (though admittedly (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time. —David Laswell
   (...) Oh, come on and be honest now. Most Japanese anime/manga has female characters for the male otaku to drool over. Gratuitous shots that you just won't find in American cartoons isn't called "fan service" for nothing. And it's not just in the (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time. —Jeff Stembel
   (...) Yeah, sorry, but if you find anything about Kiki's servicy in the classic sense*, you need to seriously consider not being a lolicon. As to your original point, generalizations for the fail. Yes, many anime and manga series aimed at males do (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)