 Dear LEGO / 4557 (-10)
  Re: Blue 32 x 32 Baseplate Discontinued... nooo...ooo!

(...) <snip> (...) Hm...then how are they going to do that Doc Ock lab on the dock set? Didn't the picture show a lab built up on a dock on the water? Maybe they aren't selling it as an individual item anymore... And would the baseplates be coming (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Blue 32 x 32 Baseplate Discontinued... nooo...ooo!

This may not be news to anyone, but it was news to me. I just got an email back from LEGO-Direct saying the blue 32 x 32 baseplate, though it says "Sold Out" on the S@H website, has been discontinued. Though I should look out for other items that (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  New colors - an alternative - BULK TUBS for Grays etc.

Replacing colors, dumb move. Creating a great market for grays on eBay and such (which TLC makes NO money from.....). How about another possibility that might mollify people. Treat the new colors as "new" colors BUT continue to make the old (and (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) Probobly the ill-fated Movie Maker set (remember, they had to pay $$$ to Logitec for the camera and also $$$ to Speilberg to use his name) and such like will also disappear. (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Dear lego...

Here are some things you should do if you want to make more money: 1.keep the old light grey, dark grey and brown. Too many people (myself included) have stocks (big and small) of the old colors and will notice the change and think its not good. I (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) Dear All, Recently I have received the following answer from LEGO: "Dear Mr. Schlei, We have no plans of discontinuing the production and sales of LEGO Mindstorms and LEGO Technic products. On the contrary, we consider these products core (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego's in Mass Bulk?

(...) Let me add that I think Erik's underlying questions about price are valid and I forgot to address them. Lower prices for us to buy bulk items, regardless of quantity, would be excellent and certainly would allow for larger purchases. Certainly (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego's in Mass Bulk?

(...) I guess I'm in the same boat as you. Some parts I may want in HUGE quantities, but other parts I might only want in moderate amounts. What WOULD be really cool is if LEGO presented to us a list of parts and colours that they would consider (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego's in Mass Bulk?

(...) Sure it probably WOULD be possible for TLC to product 1000 piece bags of individual parts. And it might cost less to do than ten 100 piece units. However, VERY few buyers would be interested in 1000 of something as compared to a much greater (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

Lego haven't said they are dropping it. Some journalist suffering from premature extrapolation decided thats what Lego's original statement meant. (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact