 Dear LEGO / 4552
Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:21:10 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, James Stacey wrote:
Lego haven't said they are dropping it. Some journalist suffering from
premature extrapolation decided thats what Lego's original statement meant.

Dear All,

Recently I have received the following answer from LEGO:

"Dear Mr. Schlei,

We have no plans of discontinuing the production and sales of LEGO
Mindstorms  and LEGO Technic products. On the contrary, we consider these
products core products. We have heard rumours about this and are planning a
release on our web site regarding this.

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Charlotte Simonsen
Corporate Communications
LEGO Company"

This was my request:

"Dear Madams, Dear Sirs,

In the above mentioned press statement you said:

"As a consequence of the situation, a significant change of strategy has
been initiated. The LEGO Company will focus on the fundamental product idea,
as
represented by the LEGO brick and the values of the LEGO Brand."

If that means you are going to withdraw product lines like Mindstorms or
Technic at least I can tell you that I will no further invest money in LEGO
as
the preferred toy of my little son (and me). LEGO ever since was much more
than a toy for me - at least on the long run, and every product line would
be
too expensive if it was a toy only. But hopefully you have no such plans.

Kind regards, ..."

Regards,

Dirk