 Dear LEGO / 4550
Re: Lego's in Mass Bulk?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:37:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Salm wrote:

Personally, I would like to buy some things in larger quantity than offered, but
for most items, I am not willing to buy 1000.  If 1000 was the only size
offered, I would end up buying zero.  I believe that most people would do the
same.

I guess I'm in the same boat as you.  Some parts I may want in HUGE quantities,
but other parts I might only want in moderate amounts.

What WOULD be really cool is if LEGO presented to us a list of parts and colours
that they would consider producing in large amounts (with a bunch of conditions,
I guess).  We would then have some time to put together a large group order and
send it back to them for LEGO to decide whether or not it's worth their while to
produce such an order.  The distribution of the parts, if accepted and produced,
would be entirely up to us to figure out.

I believe something similar was proposed in the European LEGO community, but I'm
not sure what the status is.

-Bryan