 Dear LEGO / 4527 (-20)
  Re: New Knights Kingdom

(...) I found it, well..., rather..., er..., sinister. :-) (responders should probably FUT to o-t.pun ++Lar (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Knights Kingdom

(...) I think it was the Lego designers, playing in their Lego genetics laboratory...(grin). I'll bet the thought never crossed their minds. Either that, or I'll bet the minifig just had one of their hands full first before picking up another item. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Knights Kingdom

(...) Maybe whoever designed the set was left-handed and felt snubbed that all the minifigs put out before now have been right-handed. Maybe all the special "Knights" are left-handed due to belonging to a special order. Ben M. (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  New Knights Kingdom

Dear Lego (call me a geek if you will) Is there any reason why the new Knights Kingdom action Figures are all left handed ? The pictures of the minifig sets have all the figs wielding weapons in their right hand (as they always have), the comics in (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Quality issues with part #6205 (was: Problems with set 10124 Wright Flyer)

(...) I wonder how common problem that may be. I have 2-3 pieces (slope 45 inverted 1x2) which don't like to be put on any other part. Their 'jumping power' is that high, that it even tears the model apart until enough parts are put around to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

"Douglas R. Clark" <drclark@cinenet.net> wrote in message news:HprBvw.1yqy@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) anyone (...) the (...) tiles (...) I have a Wright Flyer (purchased from a local retailer here in Cary, NC) and I did not have (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Quality issues with part #6205 (was: Problems with set 10124 Wright Flyer)

(...) I understand that the droop may by intentional or an inevitable result of gravity on a structure that large & thin. However, the issues I mentioned with the 6x16 tiles futher down in the post cannot, in my opinion, be intentional. When the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Problems with set 10124 Wright Flyer

(...) FYI, the model is of an aircraft whose wings had significant droop. That may have been intentional. --Bill. (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: So very Good!

(...) Indeed, there are always exceptions to the rule. (...) Then perhaps i should have clarified... My qualms reside with the fact that TLC has a huge selection of various pieces from years of inventory from countless system sets. It is IMHO that (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: So very Good!

(...) Which "minimalist-accessories" sets would those be? 4811, which comes with one complete 'fig, two crossbows, and a shield? 6054, with two 'figs, a bow, a sword, three spears, and two shields? Any random Castle set of which I can think has *at (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  So very Good!

~This is so good it hurts… (URL) need TLC to make more minifig sets like this: (URL) cavalry sets like this: (URL) not jus’ pile-on smack-loads of accessories and allow vast amounts of conversions to be had. Excellent job to the creator of these (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Problems with set 10124 Wright Flyer

Hello, I purchased set 10124 and assembled it over the weekend. Like some of the other comments I read here on lugnet, I found the model to be very flimsy and difficult to assemble. My main problem was with the wings. It was like the large (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX) !

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) Seems as rubbery as the tires I got with my 8446... maybe slightly more since they are new and clean ! Philo (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) Ah, yes! My bad, sorry! (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) IIRC, there was some speculation about the material used for the tires, which seemed less "rubbery" in 8455 than similar tires in previous sets. Dave (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) A number of years back (4 maybe), I was sorting some basic bricks from 3033 tubs and I noticed the different subtle shades of yellow. Certain bricks seemed to be more primary yellow (whatever that is) and some seemed to be slightly more red. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) Now that I have built the model (highly recommended BTW), I must confess that the color difference is almost invisible to the unwarned eye. You see it best under fluorescent light that give a slightly greenish tint to the old yellow color... (...) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yellow blues...

Try putting the pneumatic airtank next to another blue brick and see what happens :) Did not someone report that the hubs in that set appeared to be made out of some other plastic then ABS? (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) There have always been some variation in colors. I have seen several hues of standard red, yellow, blue and white in new sets. Sofar it has meant nothing! Martin (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) OK. did you check the color against many older parts? (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact