 Dear LEGO / 4199
4198  |  4200
Subject:
Dear lego, please make technic accessory packs.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 13:42:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I hereby assign all rights in the pack ideas contained herein to LEGO to
use as they see fit :)

I wont mention quantities because I dont know how much would make a good
service pack but here is what I think should be in the ideal set of technic
service packs...

18000 Axles:
black technic axle 2 with notches
black technic axle 3
black technic axle 4
black technic axle 5
black technic axle 6
black technic axle 7
black technic axle 8
black technic axle 10
black technic axle 12

18001 connectors and toggle joints
black technic pin with friction
black technic pin long with friction
grey technic pin 1/2
dk grey technic pin 3/4
grey technic pin
grey technic pin and axle
grey technic bush 1/2
grey technic bush
grey or black technic connector with axlehole (32039)
grey or black technic axle joiner perpendicular (6536)
grey technic axle extender
grey universal joint

I have chosen black, yellow & red since they are the colors lego seems to
use the most for "traditional" technic sets (at least when you look at the
Golden Age of lego technic)
18002 Small Black Beams & Plates
18003 Small Yellow Beams & Plates
18004 Small Red Beams & Plates
beam 1 x 1
beam 1 x 2
beam 1 x 2 with 2 holes
beam 1 x 4
beam 1 x 6
beam 1 x 8
plate 2 x 4
plate 2 x 6
plate 2 x 8

18005 Large Black Beams
18006 Large Yellow Beams
18007 Large Red Beams
beam 1 x 10
beam 1 x 12
beam 1 x 14
beam 1 x 16

18008 Gears (mabie split this one up into 2 packs...)
gear 8t
gear 16t
gear 24t
gear 40t
gear 12t bevel
gear 20t bevel
gear 12t double bevel
gear 20t double bevel
gear 24t crown
gear 5t worm
gear rack, 10t

18009 Pullies and Cams
grey small pulley
black o-ring for small pulley
grey large pulley
grey cam
and several sizes of rubber bands/belts

18010 engine parts
grey engine cylinder head
dark grey engine pison head
grey engine connecting rod
offset crank part
cross crank part
Would probobly include enough parts for a V2 engine but with some of the
center parts so you can expand it to any number of cylinders.

18011 steering parts
grey steering wheel small
plus some stearing parts of some kind, I dont know what would work.
mabie use parts 2790,2791 and 2792 along with the other parts that go with
that set of parts.

18012 + 10013 wheels (probobly split this into 2 packs)
old-type hub (the kind that works with 3 different sizes of tyres) in some
appropriate color (mabie grey or yellow) plus all 3 tyre sizes.
model-team type wheels (the kind with the 7 pegholes in it) plus tyres for
same.
43.2 x 28 S baloon tyres
30.4 x 14 VR tyres + hubs
not sure what other wheels would be genericly usefull enough to include,
mabie the 20x30 baloon tyres perhaps or the 49.6 x 28 VR...

Set(s) would include either 1 pair of tyres + hubs or 2 pairs of tyres + hubs

10014 liftarms + triangles
would include several shapes of the half-thickness liftarms and halfbeams
(which are more usefull than all the full thickness studless beams). I dont
know just which liftarms would be the most usefull (being that I dont build
with them very much...)

Anyone got any comments on my parts selection?
There are some "nifty" parts in recent technic sets (some I own, some I
dont) for example the L-shaped studded beam found in the 8466 but I didnt
consider anything else I saw to be "generic" enough to be worth including
in a service pack
Any suggestions on these packs (or other pack ideas I missed?)