 Dear LEGO / 4093
Re: Letter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 01:08:40 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Dan Mattia writes:
I am writing a letter to TLC about their current products and how they are.
I am going to express how I dislike them and such, and give them some ideas
of what we want.  Feel free to give me ideas and such.  It's time we make a
stand and let TLC know what we want.

My opinion would to address some of the problems with galidor,
such as it not pertaining to what lego really is, and the whole
bionicle thing, since they can't really interact with bricks, and
it's hard to use them in technic for any practical function.

One good idea to go about it would to highlight some sets
that you personally like, that you think truely describe lego,
sets with a high integrity like the Sopwith camel, Blacksmith
shop and cool sets like the Snowspeeder, etc.

I would go about to ask what defines a true lego set, and then answer
function, style, design, perts selection and color scheme, the same
five I use to review sets.

Or you could go about it to talk about the diversity factor (how
some themes get too much marketing (bionicle/ galidor), and how
otherthemes get the lower end of the spectrum (like castle/ space,
etc, which are hard to find anywhere) ,and how you would like to
equal it out.

Then again, you could also highlight the competition with mega
blocks (LoTR sets), and how you would like to see castle, although not
soo similar, but cool nonetheless.

I hope these ideas are feasible.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast