 Dear LEGO / 3962
Re: Small Shop Horror Story (Trying to post to correct newsgroup)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:04:16 GMT

Hiya Todd,

If you have any friends that are lawyers r work for a law firm, have them call
LEGO on your behalf.

Whoa cowboy!  I don't intend to sue LEGO.  I simply intend to let them know how
badly they've screwed up, and get them to fix the mistake they made.

It sounds like you may have reached the wrong employee on
the wrong day. Try them again.

Actually, I plan to call them myself, since it was the receiving clerk who
called them last time.  She said the employee was extremely polite, but utterly
unhelpful.

If you live in a large metropolitan market their might be a
local tv personality that covers consumer affairs and goes after unscrupulous
businesses. Ask them if they might be interested in helping a small time
business loyal to community that is being treated wrongly by the giant
corporation. If they do the negative publicity might get LEGO's attention.

I'd much rather not turn anyone against LEGO.  But our shop is highly respected
and if my boss or the receiving clerk starts telling people what happened, LEGO
will have a few less customers.

*I* don't want that to happen.  I'm a LEGO fan.  I like LEGO.

But if they are determined to make it impossible for small shops to carry their
product, then my admiration for them is going to go down the drain.

The first
thing I would do if it were me, would be to contact LEGO and talk with a
surpervisor and explain the situation.

Yeah, this is actually what I plan to do.  Unfortunately, I don't know how far
I can get.  Our receiving clerk is a battle-scarred veteran in dealing with
this sort of situation, and SHE was utterly frustrated by the way LEGO treated
us.  We routinely deal with many companies much larger than LEGO USA.  NONE of
them has ever given us this sort of crap right off the bat.

-Laura Gjovaag