 Dear LEGO / 3961
Re: Small Shop Horror Story (Trying to post to correct newsgroup)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:20:33 GMT

Laura,

If you have any friends that are lawyers r work for a law firm, have them call
LEGO on your behalf. It sounds like you may have reached the wrong employee on
the wrong day. Try them again.

This is really surprising considering the way LEGO bends over backwards to help
the individual consumer.

The only other thing I would suggest is document, document, document. Should
you actually need to hire a lawyer you will need every scrape of paper and
every conversation. Tape the phone calls with LEGO Service and inform them that
you are taping their calls. I work for a short time for a small newspaper and
their were having difficulty with an advertizer that wouldn't pay his bill but
insisted we run the add or he would sue us. After the second confrontation with
him I suggested that we tape his phone call. The lawyer okayed it and we bought
some gear at Radio Shack. The next time he called the sale agent informed him
his call was being taped and he went off on a rant. He actually said he was
never going to pay the paper, but they had better run his add or he would sue
the paper. Well, needless to the paper didn't run the add and he had some
lawyer, who was unaware (as the lawyer stated in a court of law) that his
client owed the paper $16,000 in back due expenses. The judge heard the tapes,
the employees that had to deal with him testified against him and his
beligerent ways and the guy lost. He had to pay court costs and the money owed
to the paper. The paper ended up placing a lein on the property which he had to
sell at auction to pay off all the people he was cheating. Oh, and the paper
covered the whole thing, in detail, in the paper. Several dedbeat advertizers
suddenly paid off their debts with the paper.

I am sorry to suggest getting a lawyer envovled but sadly it will resolve the
issue very quickly. If you live in a large metropolitan market their might be a
local tv personality that covers consumer affairs and goes after unscrupulous
businesses. Ask them if they might be interested in helping a small time
business loyal to community that is being treated wrongly by the giant
corporation. If they do the negative publicity might get LEGO's attention.

I know this seems harsh, but the problem is most people wait far to long before
turning to action. You have already been treated wrongly and you really
shouldn't put up with it. You are right, LEGO is in the wrong here, as you
describe it, and you really want action taken on this quickly.

I am not an expert, so please contact someone that can assist you. The first
thing I would do if it were me, would be to contact LEGO and talk with a
surpervisor and explain the situation.

Sincerly,

Todd