 Dear LEGO / 3762 (-10)
  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) How so? LEGO have been releasing items with focus on issues other than "brick building" for years, and the world still exists. The days of releasing sets with 2-by-4's exclusively is definitively over. In the light of the development of LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Not necessarily. They might need to assemble more pumps or motors, which is not as simple as boxing pieces. And that is just an example on how reviving an old line has hidden costs all over the place. As for Lego releasing NEW sets in low (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) To a point - Moore Educational (who sells DACTA in Australia) also provides services to the schools, over & above the bricks; I assume Pitsco does too. I tend to think it's better to keep this separate, but that shouldn't stop LEGO offering (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) (URL) even any of these: (URL) happened to supplemental technic sets????? ROSCO (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Hmmmm.... "where it came from".... so Steve Jobs has turned Apple around by selling Apple II's? (...) ...Or "Jack-booted thugs will steal your children! Shame on Lego!"* Cheers Richie Dulin *((URL) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) If the evidence isn't there, it's certainly in the sets they're releasing. (...) Which is nice if you can afford $120 plus sets. But what about the kid who wants to get started in Technic but can't come up with that kind of coin? What ever (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) It is this link between adult LEGO fans and parents of potential LEGO fans (in that they are often the same person) that the company has completely ignored and lost ground on. For every loyal customer like John I wonder how many have given up (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Dino Head Attack had 7 technic bricks in it (including a 1x16 in black), Gungan Sub had 2 1x16s in blue, four in the droid dev kit, etc. So the pcs are out there, just bits here and there. Ray (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) I beg to object. The sheer $ amount spent by adult builders - not to mention the "missionary/salesman" aspect in promoting Lego products to others SHOULD be of SUBSTANTIAL interest to LEGO. I know that my own purchases (insane as they are) are (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Many of the LoM & bigger Star Wars sets have a smattering of technic bits. ROSCO (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact