 Dear LEGO / 3739
Re: idea for what would be the PERFECT bunch of lego sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:49:37 GMT

Jonathan Wilson <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> writes:

1.sell a set that contains just basic parts (bricks, plates,
slopes) in the basic colors (like the 3033 but with plates and
slopes as well as bricks)

LEGO has almost always had this kind of sets in their collection.
They used to have the "Basic" line over here (which was called
"Freestyle" in the US, if I remember correctly).  And now they have
the "Creator" line, with basic bricks and plates and slopes and so on.
They've also added some figures for playability.  (Some of the "Basic"
sets also had some figures in them, I think.)

2.then sell addon sets that contain other parts.

I tend to view the rest of the themed sets as addon sets!  E.g., if
you need the parts needed to build a car, you get one of the "System"
sets which contain a wheeled vehicle and so on.

Fredrik