 Dear LEGO / 3492 (-10)
  Bulk Sets (was: Re: How about "Technic Tubs" ?)

(...) That's a shame. I consider the Blue Tub (3033) a staple set amongst AFOLs everywhere. Their content is just too essential to our building needs. Even if you only use 50% of the bricks, it's still worth the $20 price (comparing it to bulk (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How about "Technic Tubs" ???...???

(...) I'm pretty sure they were intended to compete with MegaBlox which had been producing similar tubs at similarly cut-rate prices. Lego's 3033 (just about?) completely annihilated the competition. Now that there is no competition for that (I (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How about "Technic Tubs" ???...???

(...) I agree with you there! I'd also like to see the studless beams complimented with 1/2 width "links". They are also very, very usefull. The more I get, the more usefull they seem to be. Of course we all wish for "Blue Tubs" that offer other (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Castle Walls

(...) Heh. Great poem! Now go buy some Guarded Inns... :) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: How about "Technic Tubs" ???...???

(...) I think they're VERY useful. especially the long straight ones. Rounded ends allow things you could not do easily with straight (URL) (more detail) So I too would love to see a Technic Tub but would want rounded end studless beams. Just not (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How about "Technic Tubs" ???...???

Technic in tubs or technic in bulk. Great idea, and yes limited to currently in production parts! But I would definitely want to see the studless beams, especially now they have started appearing in different lengths. I think describing them as (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Castle Walls

Oh when I think of the money I'd spend if castle walls were available again. And oh if we could just get them in bulk! No longer would I just sit around and mope. I'd buy so many, there'd be no room for storage I'd even consider taking out a second (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: How about "Technic Tubs" ???...???

I like the idea, but I'd split into two sets: one bucket with the basics; lots of plates, lots of beams, selection of connectors and axles. one box with extra's; wheels, gears, propellors and stuff. The ides being that you'd get more of the buckets, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How about "Technic Tubs" ???...???

I second the idea, I would probobly want one of these in black no questions asked! Lets flesh this idea out a bit and come up with a sutable contents list for one of these buckets... Given only parts still being made (so that rules out the old style (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  How about "Technic Tubs" ???...???

THis post started life as a comment on Technic beam colors but I think it's time to bring up one of my pet concepts - one which has proven itself VERY useful in teaching - color coded sets. In teaching classes involving Legos I've found that life is (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact