 Dear LEGO / 3322 (-20)
  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

Okay, Joe (and Dan)- Although I can't speak for TLC, I bet I have a good idea as to what they would say to your collective concerns, and rather than let a brush fire blaze out of control here, let me point out a few things which hopefully will help (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

(...) name is Joe Franco, im 16, and I have been playing with Lego for 13 years. I used to like your sets, because of the challenge of building them. When I was smaller, I used to wait after school for the mail man to come deliever our mail in hopes (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Lego Skateboarding

After thinking (and seeing other brands of bricks) I thought of a possible liscence with some professional skateboarders and skateboard companies to make a Lego Skateboard series. I think it would sell VERY well, and a half pipe would be a nice (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

Ok, this is going to be a long message. Just to get who I am straight, I'm Dan Simonson, I'm 13, I've played with Legos since I was 3. I got a whole bunch of bricks from my sister, who once got them from my brother, who's 30 now. This is where my (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) I agree with the people who think lego should keep Jack Stone as a DUplo set or something on that order, and still have a town or city theme for older people, say from ages 10-up. they shouldnt kill the popular town theme for a newer theme (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) remember (...) No, but they used to get by charging about $4.50. Shipping charges didn't used to be huge on the little sets. (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) I agree. (...) ? The North American catalog only charges taxes if you live in CT. (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.dear-lego)

  S@H [was Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?]

(...) I'm not getting how you think the prices are misleading or unreasonable. S@H ships USPS Priority Mail when practicable. Priority Mail starts at $3.50 (trust me, I sent what was essentially one 8.5x11 sheet of paper today, and it cost $3.50. . (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) So you think it makes more sense for Lego to charge $8.49 for that set? What if I want 10 $3.99 sets? If I get whacked for the shipping each and every time, I might as well order them seperately, which means it will cost LEGO the absolute most (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) other (...) Well it sucks! At least in Canada, where a "3.99 US" set has $4.50 US shipping. And they the want our taxes in US$..... Now I never use S@H, even though I would use it every month if not for the misleading and unreasonable princing (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) I think there is a Duplo catalogue... Lego should do like model companys: -produce the catalogue -add in a younger age range catalogue -and finally, a parts (bulk & special) catalogue good idea? The main one is free, the young age is free, the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: MovieMaker 2.0 and Add-Ons?

(...) I wich that there could be better controls and setting for lighting. I find that the light balance is either over explosed or too dark. And I find the difficulty inceases when using artificial light. Sined, Greg Hyland (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.space, lugnet.animation)

  Re: MovieMaker 2.0 and Add-Ons?

Hmm, that all sound's good. I've never used the moviemaker software, but it "sounds" good. :-) -- Chef/Dan/Bubba Bear ICQ:84584424 AIM: DaGlassAWasta (URL) Tolliver" <tolliver@tstar.net> wrote in message news:GHDIn9.6AD@lugnet.com... (...) need (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.space, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Hit-And-Run Theme:Mickey Mouse (was Re: The FULL Harry Potter Line ...)

(...) Licensing has its drawbacks, that's for sure. I think LEGO is getting too heavy in this area, relying on outside storylines rather that a child's creativity to build and play. (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  MovieMaker 2.0 and Add-Ons?

I really like LEGO's MovieMaker set, but there are a few problems that need to be worked out. First of all, if you're filming in stop motion mode, and you delete the last frame, the little screen on the bottom goes blank. Ideally, it should revert (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.space, lugnet.animation)

  Hit-And-Run Theme:Mickey Mouse (was Re: The FULL Harry Potter Line ...)

(...) That's what I was afraid of...Mickey Mouse was just a hit-and-run theme...I personally HATE that. My famiy and I were really happy with the sets, and hoped to see them continue. Perhaps this is a yet another problem with LEGO doing licensing (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Wish List

Yea, for long memories! This is the best post I've read in a long time. Cypress trees! :) Tanya (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: US S@H Specials, Jul 25 - Jul 31, 2001

In lugnet.announce.lsahs, Tom Stangl writes: snipped other phone specials (...) Dear Lego: I don't know for sure, but I imagine that the weekly phone specials do not reach a huge audience (mostly just Lugneters I assume). So maybe you could change (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A round of applause for LEGO® on their new train releases

(...) Same here. The only train I will buy is 10001. That is, unless, Lego come out with something just as good if not better. (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A round of applause for LEGO® on their new train releases

(...) Hey 4561 also cause you to have to force Non-Lego train buffs to know that Lego trains arn't only for little kids. One Guy told me i'm crazy if I "play" with trains like 4561, but i don't I have never, or will ever buy a 4561. Josh (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact