 Dear LEGO / 3315
3314  |  3316
Subject:
S@H [was Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 05:10:48 GMT

In lugnet.town, Bradley Dale writes:
In lugnet.town, Constantine Hannaher writes:
Lego separated the cost of shipping in the Shop at Home catalog, if I
remember correctly, so that the price of the individual items could be
compared to other sources more easily.

Well it sucks!  At least in Canada, where a "3.99 US" set has $4.50 US
shipping.  And they the want our taxes in US$.....  Now I never use S@H, even
though I would use it every month if not for the misleading and unreasonable
princing changes.

I'm not getting how you think the prices are misleading or unreasonable.  S@H
ships USPS Priority Mail when practicable.  Priority Mail starts at $3.50
(trust me, I sent what was essentially one 8.5x11 sheet of paper today, and it
cost $3.50. . .).  Otherwise, S@H prices are basically MSRP.  As far as I can
tell, S@H is the same as any other mail-order source of Lego, except that they
have a better selection and fewer good sales.

Now if anyone wants to complain about S@H, the catalogs would be a good place
to start.  I got my Summer catalog a while back, and placed a fairly large
order.  I don't plan on placing another order any time soon.  So what comes
with my order?  The *other* Summer catalog. . .and the first thing I see in it
is a product that I want and would have ordered, had I known it was still
available.  Now it's too late.  This does not make me happy.  Apparently,
though, making work for their catalog designers is more important to S@H than
selling product, making customers happy, or actually letting anyone know what
they're supposed to be selling.

TWS Garrison

Extra line to try to make the Lugnet software actually work. . .