 Dear LEGO / 3022 (-10)
  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

Hi, Yes I agree. However think on this. Last week my wife and I held a dinner party with 12 adults none of them AFOLs. After the meal we gave them a Bionicle each to make. The sense of enjoyment, wonder and achievement and sheer fun in making these (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) How about ShadowTron? Shadow Force? Stealth Force? Peter (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Model Team Decline

I've just spent a little time checking the history of Model Team (what else would you do at 1am?). Looking at the bare facts on a piece of paper a few things were very striking: Model Team has produced 14 sets(I don't count the ferrari as it's (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

Lego should remember that to get today's parents to buy their children lego, they need to make the sets as interesting and as high quality as the one's the parents received when they we're children. Steve Lane (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

In lugnet.lego.direct, Lou Zucaro writes: ... (...) ... Or, building a large set like the grey castles, and wondering why a certain piece was used in a certain spot. Then, 17 steps later, seeing why that exact piece had to be in that exact spot and (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Do Bioncle Masks hide Greedy Marketing?

(...) Thanks! (...) I've read your posts about collecting the masks, and I can tell that they don't have the same tone to them. I enjoy seeing the pictures of all the masks laid out and sorted... it brings back memories. :D (...) That is kind of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) I agree with all this, but I need more light and dark grey, so maybe they could intro something new. But please don't call it Greytron!?! The newer colors should be represented as well, like Life On Mars, but with so many specialized parts it (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Do Bioncle Masks hide Greedy Marketing?

(...) Bionicle (...) secondary (...) Just in case there was any doubt, I fully intend to add a Bionicle Mask trading page to my website, which already has the same thing for Throwbot/Slizer discs and Roborider Wheels. I'll probably get the Bionicle (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) Heck yes!!! But more like Blacktron I than Blacktron II. I had been building with Lego since 1979 when I was 5, but it was when Blacktron came out that I was really hooked, and Lego turned from a hobby into an obsession. I never really had a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) Dave- I love that last comment you made about Blacktron III, that would be awesome if LEGO would come out with a sequel to the previous Blacktron themes. There were by far the best looking and meanest Space themes Lego has come out with. Wish (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact