 Dear LEGO / 3016
Re: The Refocusing of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:28:36 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Peter Guenther writes:
Bring on Blacktron III!

Heck yes!!!  But more like Blacktron I than Blacktron II.

I had been building with Lego since 1979 when I was 5, but it was when
Blacktron came out that I was really hooked, and Lego turned from a hobby
into an obsession.  I never really had a Dark Age, but it was Blacktron II
that really prevented it.  When I saw those sets I no longer cared what the
other people in the dorm thought about me, I had to build!!! =)

I will say one good thing about the overall junkiness of Lego sets today:
it's giving me the opportunity to spend my money on better, older sets.
Last week I got my first Mega Core Magenetizer.  Lego, that's money that
people on eBay are getting instead of you.  But wow, thanks for the
opportunity.  This set is great, and I may never have bought one if I was
buying new sets instead.

Peter

I agree with all this, but I need more light and dark grey, so maybe they
could intro something new.  But please don't call it Greytron!?!  The newer
colors should be represented as well, like Life On Mars, but with so many
specialized parts it is hard to cross themes.  Blacktron One was great
because LEGO understood that people wanted certain colors and they wanted
the parts to fit easily into Town, Castle and Space (possibly Pirate too).
If they could recreate that interchangability and multi-use theme based
play, I'd pass out with delight.  Bring back 1989-1994 year LEGO!!!!!

There are some who call me....

Aaron.