 Dear LEGO / 3022
Re: The Refocusing of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:04:13 GMT

Hi,
Yes I agree. However think on this. Last week my wife and I held a dinner
party with 12 adults none of them AFOLs. After the meal we gave them a
Bionicle each to make. The sense of enjoyment, wonder and achievement and
sheer fun in making these little models was amazing. Certainly with the
Bionicle series Lego are doing somethings very right.
Lego are having a hard time trying to make attractive stuff for kids and
(hopefully) for adults and make a profit. Yes the old sets were better.
While I am on the subject of old sets...........if you see an old set in a
shop say 4 or 5 years old...it is at the original Lego price or less. At
least Lego do not make a profit out of us AFOLs by inflating prices of old
and scarce sets.....unlike those people who advertise on Lugnet.Marketplace.
This newsgroup has no place on this fan-site (even though it is the biggest
newsgroup of them all). Or if it does have a place, it should be for
swopping lego not for screwing fans who "must" have a certain set. Rant Over

Tim