 Dear LEGO / 3007 (-10)
  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) I totally agree with this message, I thoroughly enjoyed the Legoland themes of the 70's and 80's. I recently was reborn into Legos and was appalled at the lack of creative and theme-based sets of yesteryear. What happened to Space and Town (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

Hi Lou Thanks for writing this fantastic letter, you hit it on the nose, even for us here in Germany, we are sayiny exactly the same thing, but nobody has been able to write it all together in one message. I also know the problem of Girls and Lego, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Do Bioncle Masks hide Greedy Marketing?

What is the real purpose behind the sale of SO many different Bionicle masks? Is there a game coming up where each mask has some ability? Why are the masks sold in such a way that you can't tell what mask you're getting? Is this a simple marketing (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) I have, just like you described, entered a second dark age. I never post to Lugnet any more, it was a long time since I bought a new set, or even played with lego. And it's all because of what you stated above: Lego has changed to the point of (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Exactly! Thank you, Lou!

Lou, I think you should post this brilliant, honest, heartfelt piece of written work to a webpage all by itself. That way, we can all say to TLG: "If you really want to know how the AFOL community feels and what they want? Go read Lou Zucaro's (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) I totally agree with everything you said Lou. My name is Nick and I am 17 years old. I remember in the late 80's and early nineties when I would buy a set and look through the catalogs. The way that LEGO used almost every type of theme and (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO round the world

(...) Not to mention the 20+ people a day who come into the Potomac Mill Lego Outlet store and ask if there is a kit for the Capitol building that they could buy. Yeah, I know, you've heard it before... Just thought I'd mention it again. Rich -- (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO round the world

(...) How bout a winter type set for michigan(an SUV in a snow drift?) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO round the world

(...) Cool idea! If they made a Columbus, Ohio set, it could consist of various orange and yellow cylinders and cones and maybe have a construction minifig or two with a fractured road plate like in the movie maker set. I'd buy one. Greg "So you'd (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact