 Dear LEGO / 2946
Re: Eccentric Slope Packs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:37:03 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Erik Olson writes:
Right on Eric.

I have many tens of the red and black Roof Brick packs. There always seem to
be extra supplementary bits left over, when a typical roof consumes the 2x4
and 2x2 from many packs but not all the corners and peaks.

It seems like LEGO is going to offer bulk packs of parts that have already
been seen in production runs.

I don't think that is 100% accurate because I don't remember seeing 2x4 Brown
Roof Peeks in any set to date.  I think we are definitely more likely to see
parts if they are part of a current production run but I definitely don't think
that is absolutely necessary.

From all the green roof bricks in Lego Studios
(and Star Wars) I hope they make a mixed Green Roof Pack, or a Supplementary
Green Roof Pack like the assortment you describe.

I would agree that Green is a good candidate using the "Current Production"
theory.  I think all we are missing are 2x2 Concave, the Gable End connector,
and Roof Peeks (I know we had some 2x2 Green Peeks in a Ninja set fairly
recently but I don't think it is still in production).

I would suggest that Gray and Dark Gray are both good candidates at the moment
with Blue and Tan being on the outside looking in and the rest of the colors
bringing up the rear.

I would love to replace ALL of my black roof bricks with brown ones on ALL
of my current buildings!!!!  Alas, no corners have appeared.  Meanwhile,
I'll be experimenting with brown 2x4 and 2x2.

I don't know about replacing my current roofs but I would love to add variety
to my town and have an easily accessable 3rd color option.  Actually a 4th and
5th color would be nice too but I would rather have 3 colors available with all
the associated elements then have a bunch of colors and only have 2x4 and 2x2
slopes and 2x4 peeks.

Eric Kingsley