 Dear LEGO / 2817 (-10)
  Re: What Happens To Returned Legos?

(...) Here where I live most (but not all) l TRU returns or damaged boxes are routed through the local Goodwill. Goodwill removes the UPC from the box then uses *way* too much masking tape to tape up the boxes to prevent people from opening it in (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego)

  Re: What Happens To Returned Legos?

Unfortunately, that doesn't always apply to damaged sets at TRU (Australia, anyway). I found a already opened UCS X-wing on a shelf the other day and asked what they could do, and they said emphatically "Nothing, it goes back to Lego". Might depend (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego)

  Re: What would it take?

No. TLC wants to make money. If a partnership with Microsoft (which as myself and obviously some others agree, is a vile and worthless armpit of a company) will help TLC, then they will form a partnership with Microsoft. If diversifying their (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  LEGO website bug report: "The requested resource is in use."

Dear LEGO: I just visited this page: (URL) on that page I clicked the "Read more" icon, which took me to this page: (URL) that page displayed simply: "The requested resource is in use." I had to hit the Reload button 7 times before the page finally (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

"Marc Nelson Jr." <manjr@bricksonthebrain.com> wrote in message news:G74FIM.H98@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) they (...) taped (...) I saw some similar sets at TRU yesterday. They were marked about 30% off. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (24 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego)

  Re: What Happens To Returned Legos?

(...) I work in a local supercenter (i.e. a Wall Mart or Target with a grocery section). It's pretty simple, they tape it up, reduce the price substantially and chuck up on a shelf in a clearence section. Sometimes they may wait until there's (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego)

  Re: What Happens To Returned Legos?

(...) I have bought a few sets at Wal-Mart that were opened. The boxes were taped back together and they were in the clearance isle at 50% off or so. -Marc Nelson Jr. (24 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego)

  Re: zactly

(...) I feel I need to point this out, LEGO has *ALREADY* changed, I want it to change MORE, preferably towards the style of sets that they used to make. If that's not possible, then towards quality designed sets that are overly juniorized. I can (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: zactly

Paul Hartzog <panarchy23@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G72I40.IGJ@lugnet.com... [snip] (...) It seems to me that the loss of market share is caused primarily by three things: (1) the expansion of Lego into "non-brick" products; (2) divergence (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  VERY well said Duq

all of your post was so true, so true, but not changing the world just because its hard? that's an easy road to take. remember yoda? the dark side is easier, more seductive. If humans are going to have anything more than a 2 second attention span (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact