 Dear LEGO / 2816
Re: What Happens To Returned Legos?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:53:54 GMT

Unfortunately, that doesn't always apply to damaged sets at TRU (Australia,
anyway). I found a already opened UCS X-wing on a shelf the other day and
asked what they could do, and they said emphatically "Nothing, it goes back
to Lego". Might depend on the set size, too.

Regards,

ROSCO

"Kirby Warden" <inourimage@msn.com> wrote in message

     I work in a local supercenter (i.e. a Wall Mart or Target with a
grocery section).  It's pretty simple, they tape it up, reduce the price
substantially and chuck up on a shelf in a clearence section.  Sometimes
they may wait until there's several items to place out at the same time, • or
they may also simply toss it in with the rest of their Lego stuff.
     It's kind of tricky trying to get a hold of damaged product as the
people who work in the toy department have dibs on any marked down damaged
merchandise and the clerks aren't really there to make sure you get a • deal.
Although some are more patronizing than others.