 Dear LEGO / 2458
Re: New Chrome Castle Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 00:42:07 GMT

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message
news:G0Fo9I.3un@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.lego.direct, Frank Filz writes:
Actually, some of the Kabaya sets HAVE been released in the US. Not in
the same packaging, and not always with the same set number, but I have
found several sets which were released in the Kabaya promotion.
Specifically, the sets (finding a list of Kabaya sets on Brickset) I
have seen are:
1287, 1288, 3016, 3017, 3019

I can "me too" this.  I saw the sets at a "Rite-Aid" pharmacy.  No fanfare • or
advertising from TLC.  Not available from Shop@Home.  But there they • were --
on the shelf at a store in Oakland, CA.

-- Richard

In our neck of the woods (North Carolina, where Frank and I live), 3017 and
3019 could be found at some, but not all, Food Lion grocery stores.  They
were never in the same spot in different stores.  They never got more in.
It was like a one time deal of some sort.  The only other place I have seen
3017 or 3019 is at the Norway store at Epcot Center.

I personally like having the selected availability in different parts of the
world.  It brings out the bartering part of this hobby and I enjoy that
aspect quite a bit.  If everything were available everywhere than it would
purely be a matter of money to get any set.  With various promo or limited
release sets we have to be a little more creative to obtain some of the hard
to find sets.

My $0.02 - YMMV.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com