 Dear LEGO / 2321
Re: Superheroes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:56:43 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Greg Majewski writes:

I think it's funny that people look to official sets for most things. The idea
behind Lego is that the builder can create whatever they want out of things
they already have. I try to do that.

One problem with building custom "superhero" minifigs is that at least one of
the things common to superheroes- a mask- is difficult to get in Lego.  There
is one Minifig head with it (from the Lego Loco bonus pack), but that's only a
red "domino" mask, which is of limited usefulness.

My friends and I play a roleplaying game called "Champions", which is all about
superheroes.  The nature of the game makes it necessary to have a map and
figures/markers- so I made minifigs of all of our characters.  I was lucky in
that *many* of the figs were easy custom arm/leg/accessory swap jobs (one
character wears a ninja outfit, one has a Samurai-looking suit of battle armor,
one is in an all-black Batman-style suit without "ears")- but for my own
character I was forced to modify a minifig head with paint, which I still have
mixed feelings about.  I mean, it came out well, I just don't like have had to
do it... but it is darn cool to have a minifig of my character. :D

eric