 Dear LEGO / 2322
Re: Types of service offered for bulk ordering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 22:06:37 GMT

I think we definitly want that service.  I think the dream experience for all
of us would be to rummage through their old mould storage room, come out with
a bunch of them, and say, "Here:  I'd like several hundred of these."  :-)
Commissioning parts is the closest we can get to that.  Perhaps they can
produce a page on their site where they nominate parts (based on our input)
and indicate the minimum agregate quantity along with the number pledged so
far.  They could even take pre-orders for them and charge the cards only if
they meet the minimum quantity.  That way, the sales would be in the bag
before they ever fire up the machines.

I can think of two other things I would want.  One, I would want to commission
reproduction lego sets (I doubt they'll do this).  And two, I would like to
buy other instructions or instruction books that produce things that are very
nice, but perhaps not practical to put in stores.  5000 piece technic
creations.  6 foot tall statues.  A pirate ship that was very nice, but didn't
get the nod for whatever reason.  The instructions could be available online
only to avoid printing costs.

I think these have been mentioned before, but I wanted to be sure.

brian

In lugnet.lego, Jason Catena writes:

<snip>

So, do we still think that Lego will be offering us the commission service? Do
we still want it? Do we think there are any other types of service that Lego
Direct might offer us in the future that would meet our need to build higher,
faster, and farther?