 Dear LEGO / 2317 (-10)
  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

Long post.. you've been warned. (...) Agreed.. good post! (...) At least two reasons exist for this, and both can apply to varying degrees. The first reason is "I'm a big boy now". Primo and Duplo have a stigma that even toddlers can understand (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) I'm not sure how salaries compare. I'm a graphic designer, so it's not like I make the big bucks. :^) My home is about 20 miles north of Seattle, WA, and most of the housing prices are severely overinflated here because of all the Microsoft (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) You'd certainly need the extra money for the Lego! :) Seriously, I wonder though how things such as salary compare (not asking personally), what standard that home, location etc etc (I presume that is $1120 US) BTW what's 900sq ft in metric? (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Dear lego, please make a soccer balls pack

(...) Even more important, there should be a refill pack containing the springy bases for the players. They rapidly deplete (we have a League at work with daily play and our springs are very weak after a few months' play). (24 years ago, 18-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) groceries (...) OK I know that this is a little off topic but I am curious...maybe some hints from Dierdre will give me more money for Lego! Wow Dierdre, you have a much healthier budget than mine! I don't know what you guys eat, but I cannot (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) That's incredible. I pay $1120 per month for my 900 sq. ft. one-bedroom home. Maybe I should move to Australia... I'd have more money for Lego. ;^) ~Mark (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  GMLTC says "Thanks!" to LEGOLAND California

On behalf of all of us in the Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club, THANK YOU for allowing us to display our train layout at Kidvention 2000!! We were treated very well, and we had a great time. All the people we talked to (MCs and 'Guests') seemed to (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) I live in Australia, and of course, I can only write from my observations of other parents in Australia. I am not a Mum in Canada, or the US, or anywhere else so I can't write from that perspective. Lego _is_ hideously expensive here. Many (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) X.wing (...) Personally, I am not familiar with either set so I can only base my comments on what I've read here (I don't even know if the Hasbro one is available in Australia) You have the benefit of being an AFOL, so you know which is the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) Of course, my perspective, parental or otherwise, is just one of many :) (...) do (...) upcoming (...) Longevity is a concern for me, even as a parent who just happens to be an AFOL too, I suspect it is more so for non-AFOL parents. I think of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact