 Dear LEGO / 2271
    Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand —Jason Rowoldt
   Deidre, I agree with some of your points, but must disagree on others. To wit: (...) Please note I do not have kids of my own, but I have friends with kids, and nephews, etc. How much were furbies/pokemon/power rangers? How long was their life span? (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand —Alfred Speredelozzi
     (...) It depends, of course on what set you are talking about. The 1200 piece basic set is something around US$20 at toys 'r us. (I don't know what it is outside of the US.) The thematic sets are far more expensive, but I think LEGO has much higher (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

         Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand —Jason Rowoldt
       (...) Entirely agreed. I woudl buy in a heartbeat the bulk tubs of LEGO over teh clones. The thematic sets are far more expensive, but I think LEGO has much (...) I think your analogy is incorrect. It is like buying GI joes, and a GI-joe clone that (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

         Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand —Jason Rowoldt
       (...) Entirely agreed. I woudl buy in a heartbeat the bulk tubs of LEGO over teh clones. The thematic sets are far more expensive, but I think LEGO has much (...) I think your analogy is incorrect. It is like buying GI joes, and a GI-joe clone that (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

         Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand —Dave Schuler
     (...) The comparison here is a little skewed, in that you're lining up Lego's largest basic tub against a specific MegaBloks building set. Conversely, one could compare MegaBloks' 1500 brick tub for $20 with Lego's UCS sets for $150; obviously the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

         Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand —James Parkin
     (...) <snip> (...) I can only agree here. My wife and I have had nothing but success building with the "Planetoids" and the "Creature Seekers" sets. We think that "Supersonic Mission" is a GREAT set, built with nothing fancier than some inverse (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand —Deidre Rushton Brumby
   (...) Of course, my perspective, parental or otherwise, is just one of many :) (...) do (...) upcoming (...) Longevity is a concern for me, even as a parent who just happens to be an AFOL too, I suspect it is more so for non-AFOL parents. I think of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)