 Dear LEGO / 2271
  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

Deidre, I agree with some of your points, but must disagree on others. To wit: (...) Please note I do not have kids of my own, but I have friends with kids, and nephews, etc. How much were furbies/pokemon/power rangers? How long was their life span? (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) It depends, of course on what set you are talking about. The 1200 piece basic set is something around US$20 at toys 'r us. (I don't know what it is outside of the US.) The thematic sets are far more expensive, but I think LEGO has much higher (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) Entirely agreed. I woudl buy in a heartbeat the bulk tubs of LEGO over teh clones. The thematic sets are far more expensive, but I think LEGO has much (...) I think your analogy is incorrect. It is like buying GI joes, and a GI-joe clone that (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) Entirely agreed. I woudl buy in a heartbeat the bulk tubs of LEGO over teh clones. The thematic sets are far more expensive, but I think LEGO has much (...) I think your analogy is incorrect. It is like buying GI joes, and a GI-joe clone that (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) The comparison here is a little skewed, in that you're lining up Lego's largest basic tub against a specific MegaBloks building set. Conversely, one could compare MegaBloks' 1500 brick tub for $20 with Lego's UCS sets for $150; obviously the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) <snip> (...) I can only agree here. My wife and I have had nothing but success building with the "Planetoids" and the "Creature Seekers" sets. We think that "Supersonic Mission" is a GREAT set, built with nothing fancier than some inverse (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) Of course, my perspective, parental or otherwise, is just one of many :) (...) do (...) upcoming (...) Longevity is a concern for me, even as a parent who just happens to be an AFOL too, I suspect it is more so for non-AFOL parents. I think of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)