 Dear LEGO / 2032 (-10)
  Hey, they could actually make these!

We know it's a joke, but how? Was it the the poor quality of the editing or the amazingly high quality of the sets? They are not typical MOC's that use 5,000 pieces, they are viable sets! One mesasge here is that so much more could be made of LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

  My Lego Wish List

Dear Lego, I'm an AFOL. Use Avid or Adult fr the A, your choice. Since I've left what we refer to out here as my dark age, I've collected well over 100,000 individual elements through purchasing at retail stores, eBay, and gifts. I am not a (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) Yes, I did some guessing already, and I didn't like what I got. All guesses in USD 4438/39 (the switches) 40-50 each 4479 (freight wagons) 80 4465 (short track) depends on the number in the box, if it's 1 1/2 and 2 1/4 I gues 5 bucks 4460 (red (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) AND, we'll spend a *LOT* of money on new LEGO Train sets... If these sets are real, I'm thinking I need multiple copies of each of them - and I'm sure the rest of the GMLTC thinks the same way! (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) and I set the FUT there too. (...) Indeed. These sets get a number of things right: More subdued colors (lots of dark grey, brown, tan and green), more realism, less juniorization, additional options for power, more use of train windows, and (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego) !

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

< cross posted to Dear-LEGO > Dear Brad, (...) is (...) Well, if it is fake or not, it sure has attracted many people, and I hope TLC sees this. This is what we would really like to see in train sets. Sets like these have the possibilities and parts (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego) !

  Re: Sticker Reprints

Will Hess schreef: (...) I agree! Most of my collection is already 15 years old or more... and back then I wasn't as careful as I am now, so a lot of stickers got lost :-( Most of the stickers from the old days were lateron included in the Idea (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  The mythical gender-changing plates

Hi, folks, Forgive the rather broad initial newsgroup distribution -- there's a method to my madness. Followups are set into a single newsgroup that many people may filter -- namely, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands. I have heard tell of a very useful (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Sticker Reprints

Here's an idea for TLC: Sticker reprints! Who among us doesn't need replacements for an old set, or the ability to create a replica from our own parts? Before you dismiss this idea out of hand, think on this: If TLC doesn't have archived copies of (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

  Re: LEGO BABY set

(...) Based on your glowing recommendation, I gave this set (wrapped) to an expectant father yesterday. The baby is due on Sunday. Today he reported that his wife and their niece opened it and played with it and really enjoyed it. Poor little (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.primo)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact