 Dear LEGO / 2018
Re: The Lego Outlets as a huge Jumbalaya (sp?) Box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 04:26:42 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mike Walsh writes:

At the LIC in Orlando they have a very large play area next to the store
itself.  There about a dozen kiosks with baseplates and bins of parts.
There is a ramp in the center where kids (and adults) can race cars they
build.  There are signs at every entrance and exit explicitly asking people
NOT to take their pieces so others can build with them.

Each time I am there (I go to Orlando on business quite a bit and usually
make a point to swing by the LIC) I find parts that I would love to have.  A
couple weeks ago when I was there I found six 2x2 classic blue windows.  I
would have loved to had them.  Now many of the parts are in pretty rough
shape and the majority of them are pretty faded (the building area is
outdoors) but there are always lots of good pieces.  One thing that always
strikes me as odd is how few wheels there are.  Maybe the Orlando LIC would
be a good recipient of all of the excess wheels from the Jambalya box!

Maybe we could offer a trade!