 Dear LEGO / 1971
1970  |  1972
Subject:
The Lego Outlets as a huge Jumbalaya (sp?) Box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:01:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I noticed something really cool the other day while I was visiting the
outlet.  There are little play table for kids (and a few adults as well) with
big tubs of parts in the middle (Are these at the LIC's too?).  I was building
my daughter a car to go with the house she was building when I came across
what appeared to be a polaris base window (white, swings in the middle).  I
was momentarily stunned since (and I'm no expert) I thought these windows were
very rare.  The manager said that Lego just sends them big barrels full of
parts that they get stuck with and that's what they dump in there.  I think
that every once in awhile they should have a Jumbalaya event where they bring
in a barrel and allow people to sort through it and take pieces for say...$.10
a piece.  To be fair maybe they would have to form a line and allow only 10
pieces per person, before you had to get back in line, but I think it could be
a really fun event if they did other stuff too (exhibits, demos, etc).  With
the number of new LIC's and Outlets they are talking about, it should be close
enough to everyone to at least get there one time a year.  I know Lego Direct
will be great for big purchases, I'm just thinking of the ability to pick up a
couple windows and other odd parts that probably won't be offered.  Thoughts?