 Dear LEGO / 2019
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:31:13 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mike Stanley writes:
On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 06:53:07 GMT, "Mike Walsh"
<mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote:

I have been to the Georgia Outlet store in person once and purchased over
the phone twice.  There seems to be a lot of discussion regarding the Nebula
Outpost sets.  When I was physically at the store back in early January they
had a whole shelf of them.  I'd guess there was probably 50 of them at the
time.  So it isn't like these things just appeared and then were gobbled up,
they were sitting there waiting to be purchased almost three months ago.

Ssssshhhhhhh!  Silly facts like that don't work well with the "it
isn't fair that the ELITE HAVES take all the Lego sets before we can
get to them" conspiracy theory.  :)

Believe it or not, most of the stuff in the Outlet Stores walks
out with non-Lugnet posting customers.  The truth is that regular
customers prefer the same sets we do for the same reasons. Take 100 regular
customers and I bet 100 of them would pick a 1996 set over a 1998 set every
time.