 Dear LEGO / 1897
Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 23:41:53 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:

AHEM!  If you would look back at my post, I said I bought NOTHING at all this
time.

So blame Larry and Frank ;-)

Is this a matter for blame?

Oh HECK no, not as far as I am concerned ;-)  Hence the smiley ;-)

I didn't call the store, the store called
me! Presumably they'd like to sell larger lots to fewer people as it
cuts down their costs. So naturally they call their good customers
first, the ones that buy lots and lots.

And it really doesn't matter to me whether or not THEY called US, or WE called
THEM.  The fact is, whoever has the money at the time the set is available gets it,
and it's ALWAYS been that way.  If you really are Jonesing for a particular set,
and think there is the slightest possibility of it showing up somewhere, it's
simple - call that place EVERY DAY.  If you're lucky, you find someone that gets to
the point they recognize your name, and maybe they'll call YOU back, just to avoid
you calling ;-)

If I really want a set, and think it might show up somewhere, I call every day.
That's how I get my deals.  That, and I see them posted somewhere, and get them
after tons of other people have.

I needed everything I bought, but even if I didn't, I am NOT going to
repeat this discussion, we've had it already.

Agreed.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/