 Dear LEGO / 1893
Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 16:38:40 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:23:58 GMT, "Ben Roller"
<broller@mail.clemson.edu> wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Is this a matter for blame? I didn't call the store, the store called me!

I would say that it IS a matter of blame, for the store.  Lego is not playing
very nicely in the local economy by mailing off inventory before it's even on
the shelves.  There are enough customers here in the local area(1) that would
have bought just as much as some Tom, Frank or Larry.

Hrmmmm - I'm a little miffed I didn't get a call (I could have used
some 6078's) but I don't agree with this.  Just think about it.  They
know the stuff is coming in.  They call two people who agree to buy
all of some items.  Those items come in and are immediately shipped
out to those people.  Nobody is paid to unpack them, sort them, put
some on the shelf and some in the back room, nothing.  They come in,
they go out.  The transaction is recorded at their leisure, involving
no employee time that could be used to interact with walk-in
customers.

Seems like a win-win situation to me.  The store's job is to move
product - they moved it with minimal effort.

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html