 Dear LEGO / 1894
Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:12:27 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mike Stanley writes:
Seems like a win-win situation to me.  The store's job is to move
product - they moved it with minimal effort.

I would agree if the Lego Outlet store was out in the middle of a field
somewhere.  On some level though I think that they are not playing well with
their community.  It's great for the people that get called.  It's great for
Lego.  It's aweful for the Outlet Mall where the Lego store lives.  Part of the
reason you build a mall like that is so that when Bob goes to the Lego Outlet
that he stops off at the Gap Outlet on the way.  Now fewer people go to the
Lego Outlet, therefore fewer will go to the other stores in the mall.  The
community of stores around the Lego Outlet are getting hurt by this.

Now I'm all for them calling people when the product has been on the shelf for
a long time (be it a month, week, or whenever they're getting ready to get new
stuff).  That's good business when you have limited space.  Keeping the older
products and getting rid of the brand new stuff seems backwards to me.

Ben Roller